Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Blog Tour: The Tribe Series by Ambelin Kwaymullina

thefirstwood.com.au

Hi Readers!

Today I've got the pleasure of being the first stop on Ambelin Kwaymullina's blog tour.

While readers might be dying to know all about the series, I'd rather start with some fun questions in getting to know you! And, as this is by blog, it's my rules. So when I say let's have fun, you do as you're told!

Well, perhaps if I lose the totalitarian tone, we can begin...




What was the last book you read?
Unravel Me which is the sequel to Shatter Me, by Tahereh Mafi.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13104080-unravel-me


Score out of 10?
Love that series. 10/10 for both books.
Sounds good! I'll have to look into them!

Any books you have re-read over and over?
Lots! Some faves are: The Miles Vorkosigan series by Lois Bujold, the Sun Sword series by Michelle West,  The Thief series by Megan Whalen Turner, and (of course) Jane Eyre and Pride and Prejudice. I also have all the Isobelle Carmody Obernewtyn books lined up on my shelf waiting to be re-read once the final book is released. 

Where’s your favourite place to read?
Anywhere! But most favourite of all is at home with my dogs.

What book would you most like to see turned into a film?
Pretty keen to see what they’d do with the Shatter Me series having just read it. And Obernewtyn, which is my all time favourite dystopian.
I'm always told to read Obernewtyn, shamefully, I've not. I'm sure I would enjoy it. Maybe when they're all out I'll be finally reading it!

What is the best film adaptation of a book in your opinion?
Not a film but a TV series – loved the BBC adaption of Jane Eyre with Toby Stephens and Ruth Wilson.
We'll forgive it being a TV series. BBC do fantastic adaptations!

Where was the best holiday you’ve taken to?
I was in Melbourne for Reading Matters this year and it was awesome. I’d never been before and I loved Melbourne, especially the way you can’t seem to walk more than five steps before running into another café – although it does take time to get places because I kept stopping for coffee. And bagels. And cake. And delicious slice things with nuts that I wasn’t sure what they were but they were yummy.
Yes! I got to meet you there! Melbourne is very much a 'ooo, look at this next little place' kind of city.

Favourite Dessert?
Crème Brulee

Dogs or Cats? (or something else entirely?)
Dogs. I love their waggy tails and cold noses and their yappy barks and the way when you wake up in the night one of them is lying on the next pillow staring at you (okay, this is my dogs I’m talking about).
So, I'm getting the impression you like dogs?

Who would you cast as yourself in a Bio flick about you?
Gee that’s tough! I suppose it would have to be someone who actually resembled me – which means it couldn’t be Maggie Q who is completely cool and Nikita is one of the best series ever – or Gina Torres who is also completely cool and Firefly was the greatest science fiction series of all time, plus I’m a Suits fan as well – or Summer Glau because, again, Firely! And I loved Sarah Connor Chronicles and she was incredible in Dollhouse – or Kirsten Bell because Veronica Mars? Amazing!...

Yeah. I don’t know.
Ok, so if we said that it didn't have to look like you, then we'll just imagine a hybrid of all these actresses. Wow! Your bio flick is going to be ass-kicking!

Ideal night out?
Dinner and sci fi movie.
Nice. There's elegance to the simplicity of it.

Ideal night in?
Reading. Or having a new sci fi dvd box set that I can watch until dawn.
With the dogs on your lap, I'm sure...

If you had to pick one food that was the only thing you could eat for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Coffee.
While it's not really a food, I understand what you're saying. Point taken.

Are your dinner plates patterned or plain?
They’re second hand. They’re patterned and none of them match. I’m going for eclectic.
I like that! And you might have noticed that many of the hipster cafés in Melbourne do the same thing. 

What was your favourite board game as a child? (or now, if you’re anything like me).
Scrabble
Well that makes sense, seeing as you play with words now for a living!

And finally, what’s the most random/left-of-field thing anyone has ever said to you?
“Why don’t you write for adults?”

I get that a lot.

I really don’t understand what people think is so interesting about grown ups.
Yes. Yes. Yes! What fun is there in writing for adults? They're much to serious.


Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and answering my questions. It was a pleasure to have you!
Everyone can continue the blog tour later today at whY.A.not  

                 


2 comments:

  1. I love your question about the plates, that's awesome. Mine are all polka dots, full of whimsy.

    You should TOTALLY read the Obernewtyn books. That said, I stopped reading after book for because they were unnecessarily long and did not seem to justify the exceptionally long periods of time between books. But Obernewtyn and The Farseekers are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. greetings from jakarta, :) i've always read your blog, since long ago, if you dont mind i put your blog under my links, it always interesting to see your reviews :D

    ReplyDelete