I won't go on about this book other to say that this was the first time I've read it, and that I absolutely LOVED it! I don't think I could write a review about it which would give it justice.
I will say, however, and Austen certainly knows how to paint characters. There are such a variety of characters in this book, and you seem to feel so strongly (in various ways) about each of them. This book is funny, insightful and brilliant!
The other day a woman I work with saw what I was reading and said 'Oh yes! That's one you need to re-read every five years or so." and I agree with her. And if you haven't read it, then you should.
I have to agree, I absolutely adore the characters in this book, especially the witty character of Mr Bennet. For a romance book, this has a very good plot, nor is the romance to wishy-washy. I don't think you need to be a fan of romance novels to enjoy Pride and Prejudice.
ReplyDelete