Saturday, June 25, 2011

Angry Boys


I’ll keep this brief because, frankly, I probably have better things to be doing on this Saturday morning.
However, I thought I would write a review of Angry Boys, the latest offering from Chris Lilley. I should start by saying that loved the previous two: We Can Be Heroes and Summer Heights High.
Angry Boys appears to have missed the mark. It feels like Lilley has run out ideas and is substituting with overwrought crassness. I can see none of the brilliant satire that made his other two shows so funny, instead we’re bombarded with filthy language for the sake of filthy language. Laughs are few and far between and more often than not I find myself cringing. Not that the content of the show, more at that it is somehow making up a show.
I’m in two minds whether or not to finish the series. If I wasn’t such a stickler for seeing things through to the end, my decision would be easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment